Fund and Support R.A. 9710 or “Magna Carta for Women!”
RH Supporters wish to reduce the Maternal Mortality Rate. So do Pro-Lifers. But what is really needed is the full implementation of the Magna Carta for Women. Sec. 17 Chapter IV makes this clear!
Perhaps Rep. Lagman thinks something other than a human being can come out of a woman’s womb.
The way I understand it:
1. A fertilized ovum is not a human person/being.
2. Only human person has human rights
3. Abortion is illegal for humans, not ‘living organisms’
4. Supreme Court doesn’t want to define ‘conception’ in relation to Article II Sec. 12 (i.e. fertilization? implantation?)
5. If it’s not a human person and not yet ‘conceived’, it’s practically legal to terminate it.
6. Abortion made legal.
Nerds, take note.
Miracles. Events with astronomical odds of occurring, like oxygen turning into gold. I’ve longed to witness such an event, and yet I neglect that n human coupling, millions upon millions of cells compete to create life, for generation after generation until, finally, your mother loves a man, Edward Blake, the Comedian, a man she has every reason to hate, and out of that contradiction, against unfathomable odds, it’s you – only you – that emerged. To distill so specific a form, from all that chaos. It’s like turning air into gold. A miracle.
Why not spend the money on condoms, right?